Saturday, June 1, 2013

TopSoccer

EGYSL had a "Playdate" where kids with special needs could come and play soccer for the day and see if it is something they might like.  It was a hot afternoon and we had had a busy day already.  When we first got there, Courtney did not want to play.  She wouldn't go out on the field or put on her team shirt.  I took her out and we just started having her do it, even though she was complaining.  After about 10 minutes she warmed up to her "buddy" and the playing.  I was able to sit on the side and she ended up LOVING it!
She has joined the team that will start in the Fall...we can't wait to cheer her on!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like so much fun. I can't wait to come and see her play! I am so glad you pushed her a little and it worked!!

    ReplyDelete