The other day I gave Courtney a kid's cookbook and told her that she could pick out a recipe to make. She decided on Alphabetter Soup. She made a list of the ingredients we would need and the first thing we did was shop for what we needed. She was sad that we could not find ABC noodles, but was able to be talked into "O" soup (which became the joke she told for the next week, so it worked out fine!). It was a good recipe because she had to count out a lot of things at the store and while we were preparing it.
Washing 8 green beans
Cutting 8 green beans into 1 inch pieces
Stirring all the ingredients together
Alphabetter Soup
Yum!
She did such a great job. She counted items (green beans, onions, carrots, cups of water, bullion cubes, etc). She followed the directions and added everything that was needed. I was so proud of her for doing such a great job. And the soup was delicious!





Amazing - I am so impressed with her abilities and your great teaching!
ReplyDeleteThat is GREAT. I think she is doing so many amazing things. You are an awesome Mom!! I think I have some alphabet noodles. I will send them to you, for next time!! The soup looks delicious, by the way. Yum. Maybe we can make it on our camping trip?
ReplyDelete