I came out to the hallway the other day to see what Courtney was up to. She said she wanted to play outside and she had her tennis shoes on (she hasn't worn them all summer because she's been wearing her sandals). I was surprised because one of them was already tied.
***History-Courtney has not been successful yet in having the dexterity, strength and coordination it takes to tie shoes. I had always bought her velcro shoes until this last pair (they don't make a lot of velcro shoes in the bigger kid sizes). I had always tied these shoes for her.***
I asked her, "Who tied your shoe for you?"
She said, very casually, "Oh, I did."
I said, trying not to sound too shocked "Where did you learn to do that?"
She said, "On TV."
So there you have it. She can tie her shoes all by herself. I watched her tie the other one and...sure enough, she can!
I told her how excited and proud I was of her, how responsible she was, how smart she is. We had a little celebration as she was very excited and proud of herself.

Congrats Courtney! What a great accomplishment!
ReplyDeleteThat is so awesome! Yay Courtney!!
ReplyDelete