Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Courtney-Still Amazing Me

Courtney amazes me everyday. She is so smart, funny, and cute. Lately she has soared with her reading. I bring home Level 1 books from the library (ones she's never seen before) and she can make it through them pretty easily. We have started adding spelling activities and she is getting good fast. Her speech therapist today (who she has not been seeing for very long) came out of the session very impressed with all the words Courtney is reading (I think Courtney has only showed her a small percent of what she is capable of-but as she gets more comfortable with her, it will come). She did say that she won't read it for her if it is demanded of her. You have to make a game out of it. Or catch her (like I often do) doing it on her own. I frequently find her in the morning with Froggy books (or other favorites) just totally reading them on her own. Another one of our favorites is Fancy Nancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment