Thursday, February 25, 2010

Chef Courtney

Courtney is enrolled in a cooking class through her school. I have been so impressed watching her with the other kids. One week, they were all taking a turn stirring the dough. When it came to Courtney, I worried that she would try to lick the spoon or not want to pass it to the next kid and want to keep it. I watched on the edge of my seat refraining from saying anything to see how she would do and how the teacher would handle it. She got the bowl, stirred it a few times around with the spoon and then passed it to the girl sitting next to her! She did wonderful without having to be reminded or told anything. I really am impressed with how she listens to the instructions her teacher gives her and then really tries her best to do them. And I worried that she might let the other kids boss her around-boy was I wrong to worry about that. Even the bigger boys in the class, she is not afraid to work with or even stand up to when she needs to. Watching without getting involved has been a big lesson for me and a great opportunity for Courtney to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment