
Every day Courtney gets up, gets dressed, eats her breakfast and gets her hair combed. Beyond those of most six year olds she is expected to and does several more things:
1. Takes a handful of vitamin supplements. These are about 11 pills that she is able to swallow two at a time in applesauce. She does this not only every morning, but also every afternoon (about 10 pills) and every evening (2 pills).
2. Has her glasses cleaned and then put on. She also has to have them cleaned several times a day.
3. She has a medical ID bracelet that she has to have put on.
4. She has ankle braces that she puts on after her socks and before her shoes.
I was thinking this morning as I helped her eat her pills (we call them "yummies") that she is expected to do quite a bit more in a morning than other six year olds that I know. I am so proud of her for doing these extra things every morning. They are things that we know will help her have the best day possible and we are glad that she lives up to such great expectation.
Wow I am lucky to get my 9 and 7 year old up and dressed by themselves in the morning. What a tough routine and what a good girl to do it so well!
ReplyDelete